[vlc] Re: No accelerated IMDCT transform found

Pierre-Henri Jondot Pierre-Henri.Jondot at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 17 07:11:41 CET 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:30:50 +0100
Laurent Rathle <lrathle at teaser.fr> wrote:

> I have this message :
>
> No accelerated IMDCT transform found
>
> each time I play a dvd. What is it ? And from time to time the movie get
> freezed and it jumps brutaly to the next image. Could it be related to
> this.

I get the same symptoms on the linux vlc (0.4.6). Even if I have the same
message about IMDCT transform, it is most probably not related the the
pauses that occur when reading dvd.

Those pauses occur for each chapter change, and the sound when the playing
restart is distorted for a few seconds (sort of accelerated or slowed down,
very annoying with music dvds, opera !)

I observed no pause of any sort when using the beos version (0.4.4, 0.4.6a)
of vlc.

I can provide a ldd output of vlc or whatever you need. (I don't suppose the
ldd output is very informative, as the output is very short and the
libraries quite standard, at the exception of liba52.)

Thanks for this very fine piece of software and keep up the good job.

P.S. : vlc is able to play different zone encrypted dvds, even on my
originally rpc2 region 2 locked drive (toshiba sd-m1612), but I'm speaking
there on the linux version... As for the beos version, the flashing of the
firmware proved helpful ! With a patched firmware or not, xine and mplayer
at the opposite were incapable of playing my zone 1 Brazil dvd...

--
Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot at wanadoo.fr>
Page perso : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/phj