[vlc] Re: Fwd: Re: DVB MPEG2 TS doesn't work with vlc

john smith kavkaz80 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 28 17:41:52 CET 2002

>If I followed you well, the multicasted UDP is a PS stream (probably
>encapsulated in RTP ?). Multicasting PS is a lot more prone to errors than
>multicasting TS, so VLC doesn't support that currently. That's why you're
>getting garbage.

Okay.. Back to TS then.
I captured MPEG2 TS to file using dvbstream, but when I try to open
it with vlc, nothing happens. I get no errors either in the log and
there is nothing to choose from in the view->program menu.
If I convert the TS to PS then vlc is able to play it.

I uploaded sample file (this time no garbage) to
http://www.videolan.org/incoming/vlctest.ts

Thanks!