vlc config file

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Feb 6 12:39:37 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 Henri Fallon
>The "preferences" features in unsupported for the momemnt, I guess
>I'll write it when I have time one day, i.e. in a month or two. If
>anyone wants to write it before ... feel free.

Do you plan to use an XML config file or do you want to implement everyting by hand ?
The XML implementation should be quite easy but will add another dependency to VLC. It is also possible to find XML parsers for almost every platforms (even though you still have to write a wrapper around the XML lib for each platform).
Re-inventing the wheel would have the advantage to make truly portable code.

--
Gildas