vlc 0.2.92 does not work in network mode on Linux and Windows 2000

eric.verlind at philips.com eric.verlind at philips.com
Mon Feb 11 15:30:06 CET 2002

Hi,

1. Linux.

On Linux, v 0.2.90 works perfectly well for reception of a stream over the network.
When trying the same in v 0.2.92, not much happens anymore. Packets arrive at the PC, but unfortunately videolan does not start rendering of A/V. For playing from a file v 0.2.92 works fine.

I noticed that in v 0.2.92 the display says "udpstream://myserver" iso "ts://myserver", suppose all  the code has been changed :-(

Did anybody observe this behaviour as well or is there something I missed?

2. Windows 2000

Second problem, when using it on a w2k pc with directx 8.1 installed, the vlc v 0.92 crashes immediately when play from network is tried, while playing from a file goes perfectly...

Any people observing the same?

Eric Verlind