vlc 0.2.92 does not work in network mode on Linux and Windows 2000

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Mon Feb 11 15:09:38 CET 2002

Alexis de Lattre wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002, eric.verlind at philips.com wrote:
> > On Linux, v 0.2.90 works perfectly well for reception of a stream over
> > the network.
> > When trying the same in v 0.2.92, not much happens anymore. Packets
> > arrive at the PC, but unfortunately videolan does not start rendering of
> > A/V. For playing from a file v 0.2.92 works fine.
>
> Yes, we have experienced the same. Try the CVS version, it works much
> better for a stream played from the network.

Gildas Bazin and I have been working on streamlining
cross-compilation of the CVS version for Windows.
This is basically ready, and should be available
within the next few days.  In the little that I
tested the CVS version on Windows, I already noticed
significant bugs gone, such as the crash when vlc
started before vls.  The Linux CVS version also
seems to work fine (even supporting multicast,
which I don't believe the Windows version supports
yet).
--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia