a52dec-0.7.3 and vlc

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Fri Feb 22 01:13:55 CET 2002

Greetings -

	I received a reply from the liba52 folks.

> 	What is the correct way of using 'a52_state_t' in applications now
> 	that 'a52_state_s' has been moved to 'a52_internal.h'?

a52_state_t should now be used as an opaque type - you only ever
manipulate pointers to it, never the type itself. The a52_state_t is
allocated by a52_init() and freed by a52_free(). In the previous
system, the state was allocated by the user.

There is another API change too with the samples, they are now
allocated by liba52, in a52_init() as well. Then the user gets their
address using a52_samples(). The previous system here, is that samples
were allocated by the user and passed to a52_frame().

Hope this helps,

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE
Is this the best that god can do ? Then I'm not impressed.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com