VLC over 8 projectors...

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Fri Feb 22 22:49:38 CET 2002

Hi,
I finally got a bit of time to try VLC over our cluster
and on the tiled display we are currently developing, here in
Amsterdam. The idea is:
   - Streaming over multicast with VLMS
   - One instance of VLC on the master PC for the audio
   - One instance of VLC on each node playing from the
     multicast stream, without audio, and using the
     "wall" filter to split the image
   - Each node gets a video projector connected to it.

Now I can watch movies and a 5 meter by 2 meter. Cool !
Thanks for the great tools.

Pictures of the tests and more details at:
      http://www.cs.vu.nl/~renambot/movie/

Luc.
--
Luc Renambot