vlc 0.2.92

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jan 1 20:32:14 CET 2002

On Tuesday 01 January 2002 18:55, Peter Woo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Choppy audio resulted when I tried vlc 0.2.92.  The highest as of my testing
> is 0.2.83.  I am happy with 0.2.83 except the unavailability of subtitle for
> some VOBs but not others.  Attached please find my DirectX 8.1 info on
> English Win98SE.

Because of a small bug in the directx audio plugin, the SDL plugin is now
used by default. I'm not sure it is a wise choice because the SDL plugin
seems to have more problems than the directx plugin ( I tested the SDL plugin
on several computers and Windows versions but never managed to get the sound
working properly ). I really need to find some time to fix the problem so we
can reenable the directx plugin.

Anyway, you can specify that you want to use directx when you run vlc. Just
open a DOS command box, go into the vlc directory and run:
"vlc --aout directx"
This should solve your problem.

--
Gildas