feedback

Jeremy Bailin jbailin at as.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 4 17:45:22 CET 2002

> [root at vampire root]# rpm -Uvh vlc-0.2.92-1.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
> 	libSDL-1.1.so.0   is needed by vlc-0.2.92-1
>
> J'ai fait un installation forcé  car mon libSDL est de version
> SDL-1.2.2-3. J'ai ensuite pu installer les autre apps (vlc-gtk,
> vlc-gnome,etc). Je peux maintenant écouter ma collection de DVD en
> directement sur mon linux .:) En utilisant les libSDL 1.2.2-3 vais-je
> avoir des problèmes ?

I've got a feeling someone should put this in the FAQ. :-)=  No, you'll be
fine with SDL 1.2. I usually do a build from the source RPM against my SDL
1.2 so I've got a binary RPM that'll install without complaining on a
system with SDL 1.2 (though I haven't built 0.2.92 yet) if you want it.

> Pour le moment tous va très bien et la fluidité
> est très bonne.Le seul bogue auquel je fais face mais avec lequel je
> peux très bien vivre: VLC ne garde pas en mémoire que le path de mon DVD
> est /dev/cdrom mais je vais faire un lien ou carrément faire un device
> /dev/dvd.

Keep on bugging the developers, and maybe they'll get around to making the
configurations save. ;-)  In the meantime, you can start vlc with the
option "dvd:/dev/cdrom" or, if you're root on the machine, make a link
from /dev/dvd to /dev/cdrom.

--
Jeremy Bailin            / "What experience and history
jbailin at as.arizona.edu  |  teach is this - that peoples