I cant play mpg files.

BIER HEINEKEN bier_heineken at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:25:52 CET 2002

This is all output i get when starting the program and after that opening a
mpg file:

VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.92_2002-01-05 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `plugins'
module: browsing `/usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: locking module `memcpymmxext'
module: locking module `gtk'
intf: interface initialized
module: unlocking module `gtk'
module: unlocking module `memcpymmxext'
intf: program terminated
oediv at stnyk:~/vlc-0.2.92 > gvlc -vvvvvv
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.92_2002-01-05 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

intf: playlist initialized
module: checking built-in modules
module: new builtin module `es', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Elementary Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `ps', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Program Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `ts', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Transport Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `memcpy', libc memcpy module
module: new builtin module `yuv', YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idct', IDCT module
module: new builtin module `idctclassic', classic IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motion', motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `imdct', AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix', AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `mpeg_adec', Mpeg I layer 1/2 audio decoder
module: new builtin module `lpcm_adec', Linear PCM audio decoder
module: new builtin module `ac3_adec', Ac3 sofware decoder
module: new builtin module `mpeg_vdec', MPEG I/II video decoder module
module: new builtin module `memcpymmx', MMX memcpy module
module: new builtin module `yuvmmx', MMX YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idctmmx', MMX IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmx', MMX motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `memcpymmxext', MMX EXT memcpy module
module: new builtin module `idctmmxext', MMX EXT IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmxext', MMXEXT motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `memcpy3dn', 3D Now! memcpy module
module: new builtin module `imdct3dn', 3D Now! AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix3dn', 3D Now! AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `imdctsse', SSE AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmixsse', SSE AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `dvd', DVD input module, linked with libdvdcss
module: new builtin module `vcd', basic VCD input module
module: new builtin module `dummy', dummy functions module
module: new builtin module `null', the Null module that does nothing
module: new builtin module `rc', remote control interface module
module: new builtin module `xvideo', XVideo extension module
module: checking plugin modules
module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `plugins'
module: new plugin module `ac3_spdif', Ac3 SPDIF decoder for AC3
pass-through
module: new plugin module `spu_dec', subtitles decoder module
module: new plugin module `dsp', Linux OSS /dev/dsp module
module: new plugin module `x11', X11 module
module: new plugin module `sdl', Simple DirectMedia Layer module
module: new plugin module `gtk', Gtk+ interface module
module: browsing `/usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: module bank initialized
module: memcpy3dn has score 0
module: memcpymmxext has score 200
module: memcpymmx has score 100
module: memcpy has score 50
module: locking module `memcpymmxext'
module: gtk has score 190
module: rc has score 20
module: dummy has score 1
module: locking module `gtk'
intf: interface initialized
intf: added `/windows/C/movies/destiny's child - bootylicious.mpg' to
playlist
input: playlist item `/windows/C/movies/destiny's child - bootylicious.mpg'
thread info: 1026 (input) has been created ((null):0)
module: dummy has score 1
module: vcd has score 5
module: dvd has score 5
module: ts has score 2
module: ps has score 10
module: es has score 5
module: locking module `ps'
input: opening file `/windows/C/movies/destiny's child - bootylicious.mpg'
module: spu_dec has score 0
module: ac3_spdif has score 0
module: mpeg_vdec has score 50
module: ac3_adec has score 0
module: lpcm_adec has score 0
module: mpeg_adec has score 0
module: locking module `mpeg_vdec'
module: motionmmxext has score 200
module: motionmmx has score 150
module: motion has score 50
module: locking module `motionmmxext'
module: idctmmxext has score 200
module: idctmmx has score 150
module: idctclassic has score 100
module: idct has score 50
module: locking module `idctmmxext'
thread info: 2051 (decoder) has been created ((null):0)
module: spu_dec has score 0
module: ac3_spdif has score 0
module: mpeg_vdec has score 0
module: ac3_adec has score 0
module: lpcm_adec has score 0
module: mpeg_adec has score 100
module: locking module `mpeg_adec'
thread info: 3076 (decoder) has been created ((null):0)
aout: no aout present, spawning one
module: sdl has score 40
module: dsp has score 100
module: dummy has score 1
module: locking module `dsp'
aout info: signed 16 bits stereo thread
thread info: 4101 (audio output) has been created ((null):0)
aout info: audio output thread 1378 spawned
aout info: fifo #0 allocated, 2 channels, rate 0
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
vpar: no vout present, spawning one
module: sdl has score 100
module: x11 has score 50
vout: GetXVideoPort found adaptor 0, port 42
  image format 0x32315659 (YV12) planar supported
encoding list:
  id=0, name=XV_IMAGE, size=1024x0, numerator=1, denominator=1
attribute list:
module: xvideo has score 150
module: dummy has score 1
module: locking module `xvideo'
vout info: asking for 352x240, 15/16 bpp (704 Bpl)
thread info: 5126 (video output) has been created ((null):0)
vout: GetXVideoPort found adaptor 0, port 42
  image format 0x32315659 (YV12) planar supported
encoding list:
  id=0, name=XV_IMAGE, size=1024x0, numerator=1, denominator=1
attribute list:
vout: video display initialized (352x240, 15/16 bpp)
vout info: got 352x240, 15/16 bpp (704 Bpl), masks: 0x0/0x0/0x0
module: yuvmmx has score 100
module: yuv has score 50
module: locking module `yuvmmx'
vpar synchro warning: dts != current_pts (-306564)
vpar synchro warning: backward_pts != current_pts (-33367)
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from B[1] to B[2]
vout error: cannot allocate shared image data (Invalid argument)
vout: failed to create xvimage.