vlc-cvs video output jerky

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jan 10 00:23:31 CET 2002

À (At) 19:54 +0100 9/01/02, Gildas Bazin écrivait (wrote) :

>I think I also noticed the same performance problem (0.2.92 better than main
>branch) on my old computer. I know for sure things were really bad before the
>XSync() (or XFlush()) call was added at the end of vout_Display(). But I
>think even now I can see a performance difference (I will need to
>double-check).

Could both of you try something ? In plugins/x11/xcommon.c, line 584,
replace XFlush(...) by XSync( p_vout->p_sys->p_display, False ). I do
not know why my XSync call was replaced by XFlush ; I had used
XSync() on purpose. XFlush() will create on some configurations the
very artefacts you're describing.

--
Christophe Massiot.