jerky play

Andrew Bonds bonds at netunltd.com.au
Thu Jan 10 16:02:51 CET 2002

Hello VLC developers...

I've got myself a sony 40x16x dvd-rom for use with redhat 7.2, i've
managed to get DVD's playing okay, but it's still fairly jerky, I've
noticed the dvd performs very little activity while playing (just by
looking at the green light)

I've got a pentium-celeron 566, with 256mb ram, NVIDIA riva tnt2 32mb
AGP vid card...
I am using the nvidia drivers they released on their web page, and
Xvideo, agpart, nvidia, modules are all loaded.

I've used hdparm to enable udma66 and ide32 bit support, (I'm not sure
if i need to set more) ...

openGL games and VCD's play great...
i don't know what else I can do! any feedback would be much much
appreciated

thanks heaps,

Andrew