vlc-cvs video output jerky

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Thu Jan 10 22:16:06 CET 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002, Gildas Bazin wrote:

> I understand that this check is actually good if you already have several
> decoded pictures waiting to be displayed, because it's cheaper to decode to
> directbuffers. But with this check and DIRECTBUFFERS=4 I basically never have
> more than 3 decoded pictures waiting to be displayed.
> So shall we relax a little the requirements and put:
> if( p_vout->b_direct && ( p_vout->output.i_pictures > 5 )

   Yeah, this sounds very wise to me. I just tested it and it really
looks smoother than I first thought.

   As for the Shm completion events, I didn't investigate enough to see
if they could be ignored in favor of XSync() calls, but this email from
the libSDL author seems to confirm my feelings:

   http://www.libsdl.org/pipermail/sdl/2000-June/028298.html

--
Sam.