vlc-cvs video output jerky

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Fri Jan 11 03:30:15 CET 2002

Hi!

> From: Gildas Bazin <gbazin at netcourrier.com>
>
> Ok, I found the problem with the stutter. I noticed that with DIRECTBUFFERS
> <=3 the video is really smooth, but DIRECTBUFFERS=4 is _horrible_, 5 is a
> little bit better and video is smooth again starting from 7 or 8.

	Ah ha!   So I wasn't imagining the "freeze" and "play fast" jerking
	last night.    Watching "My Fair Lady" was a bit of a challenge ;)

	Thank you for finding the problem - you saved me from writing another
	"is it me or is there a problem" mail item ;)   I look forward to the
	changes getting into CVS along with ifdef'ing <fcntl.h> so that
	O_NONBLOCK and friends are found on BSD systems.   My suggestion is
	below.

	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com

*** src/interface/intf_eject.c.dist	Wed Jan  9 09:32:14 2002
--- src/interface/intf_eject.c	Wed Jan  9 20:42:42 2002
***************
*** 43,49 ****
  #   include <sys/types.h>
  #   include <sys/stat.h>