vlc causes system crash in Fight Club

Davis Doherty doherty at math.washington.edu
Sat Jan 12 20:59:40 CET 2002

While watching Fight Club, vlc consistently crashes at the same point in
the film, during Scene 22 (I believe the seconds reads 5312 every time).
If I use the -T flag to jump ahead to any scene beyond 22, my system
freezes, and then reboots itself.

I am running vlc 0.2.92 on FreeBSD 4.4-Release (if it's relevant, I am
using Windowmaker as my wm), with XFree86 4.1.0, using the GATOS project
ATI drivers.

I find myself wondering if this is a libdvdcss problem; I tried using
ogle, and it causes the same system reboot, only it happens while it is
trying to crack the third css key for the disc (which it does as soon as
the program starts).

Any possible solutions?

-Davis

Please cc all responses to my address, as I am not subscribed to the list.