ToggleFullScreen

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Jan 14 21:56:07 CET 2002

On Monday 14 January 2002 17:03, Michael S.Zick wrote:
> On Sunday 13 January 2002 07:39 pm, you wrote:
> > >
> > > The DVD plays
> > > until 5 minutes and 41 seconds at which point DVD reading stops, with
the
> > > following:
> > >
> > > INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached (20973568)
> >
> Same problem with the X11 output...
> This is preceded by "late picture skipped" messages...
> This program is far too large for me to grok, but... (maybe)
>
> Check the "skipped picture" logic; appox. lines 472-536 of
> src/video_output/video_output.c for skipped pictures eating up the input
> allocation by never being destroyed.

Ok, it looks like you hit a bug :_(
I don't think the problem is in video_output.c ( although that was a nice try
;-)). The problem seems to come from the buffer management code or maybe the
way it's used. If you have a look for the string "INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION" you
will find it in include/input_ext-plugins.h in the function _input_NewPacket.
This function is part of the buffer management code which deals with
temporarily storing the data from the audio-video stream for later use by the
decoders. And it looks like you found a leak.

I don't have any time to look at this right now, but if nobody does it I will
try to see what's going on in a few days.

One thing you could do to help though would be to use another input plugin
and see if the problem still happens. You could try the dvdread plugin for
example or better still, try just the basic file input (but you might have to
rip the dvd to your hard disk for this).
This could help to pin-point an input plugin problem.

Cheers,

--
Gildas