Mac OS X Request

John Lianoglou yanni at mac.com
Tue Jan 22 02:37:53 CET 2002

Hi folks,

I¹d like to make a quick request for the OS X version of vlc: support for
³older² Macs equipped with DVD players. Now I¹m not talking about third
party DVD drives, mind you... All Apple-original, shipped-with-the-computer
stuff. It seems Apple might just leave us out in the cold, so to speak. Of
course, the DVD player on our computers is a bit different ‹ if I remember
correctly the ³older² macs (I have a Powerbook Bronze G3) use a hardware key
for encrypted DVDs... Or maybe I got it backwards... I¹m sure you¹re much
more aware of the precise root of the issue.

So if it¹s not too difficult a task, and someone feels like picking up the
reigns on that one, I and a probably quite a few other folks would be ever
so grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
John Lianoglou