VLC on iPAQ

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Fri Jan 25 16:31:48 CET 2002

Zoltan Filep wrote:

> I'm using an iPAQ running Familiar Linux v0.5 and installed vlc-0.2.92 for
> iPAQ on it.
> I have no problem to play a mpg-file on it, but streaming from a server
> running vls is difficult.
> After building up a telnet connection and starting on the server the
> mpg-file I have no idea what to do with vlc.
>
> -----------
> Zoltan Filep
> filep at cs.tu-berlin.de

On the iPaq start vlc in a terminal (eg: through minicom) with arguments
like this:
vlc -V sdl -I dummy udpstream:172.30.0.10:1234

That assumes you also installed the sdl ipk from the same ftp directory
you found vlc-0.2.92 ipk in.

To keep things a bit more simple you could try to first launch vlc to
read from a web server, e.g: vlc -V sdl http://yourwebserver/yourmpg.mpg

Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman.

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199