vlc Windows bugs

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Jan 28 22:48:10 CET 2002

On Monday 28 January 2002 08:10, Bill Eldridge wrote:
>     vlc --noaudio udpstream:0 at 172.30.0.2:1234
>
> When I start vlc on Linux as noted above without
> vls running, it just opens and waits.
>
> *HOWEVER*, on Windows, it seems that if the client
> tries to connect before the server is running,
> you get an "illegal operation" error that aborts
> the program.

Ok I will look into this when I have some time.

> Also, while my server was sending 160x128, the Windows
> client defaulted to 720x576, and when I tried
> to override this with either the preferences
> or command-line options ("--width" & "--height")
> the screen stayed black. At 720x576, a 160x128
> movie looks pretty awful, but there's probably
> a reasonable workaround I haven't figured out.

Ok it looks like a bug. I tried this also on my computer and although it is
working if the directx output uses the YUV overlay mode, it is crashing if
you use the plain RGB mode.
The directx plugin in the development branch has been rewritten so it should
solve most of the current bugs. I guess this new version won't be released
soon though, so you will have to be patient (well... I might upload a win32
binary of the current cvs so that it can get some testing because I know
building the win32 version is a pain in the ass and not many people will do
it).

Thanks for your bug report.

--
Gildas