0.4.1&0.4.0 Linux&Windows client MPEG2 PS&TS broken?

Johann Hanne jonny at 1409.org
Mon Jul 8 19:06:08 CEST 2002

Hi all,

> For MPEG SP-TS You need the PCR_PID, PAT (PID 0) and PMT otherwise no
> decoder can tell what Video and Audio Pids it should decode. Translation
> an incomplete Transport Stream to PS will not help. In addition the PS
> will probably also miss some crucial MPEG PS header information.

Well, you could "simply" use the first video and audio stream in the TS
and play it?

However, I have modified the program to record PID 0 (PAT), PID 100 (PMT),
PID 110 (video and PCR) and PID 120 (audio). The result is still the same.
Of course not all PMT-PIDs given in the PAT are available. Is this is
problem? Should I modify the PAT to only include the reference to PID 100?

Has anybody actually tried out to play MPEG TS from a file? What should
vlc actually do? Shouldn't there be an option for choosing a program
number (i've tried the --program parameter without success)?

Cheers, Jonny <jonny at 1409.org>