VLC and VBrick

Talbert, Scott scott.talbert at lmco.com
Mon Jul 8 19:20:35 CEST 2002

Hi Christophe, thanks for replying.

I am sure that the client is receiving the packets.  Here's how: I wrote a
small C program that joins the multicast group and receives the datagrams.
It writes the data from each datagram to a file.  VLC can play this file
just fine.

I also used the program to write the data to stdout and then I told VLC to
read from /dev/stdin.  This worked, sort of.  VLC was displaying video, but
not very well (probably due to buffering and scheduling issues).

Thanks,
Scott Talbert