VLC and VBrick

Talbert, Scott scott.talbert at lmco.com
Thu Jul 11 16:58:00 CEST 2002

We actually _are_ working on an Ethernet right now.  The VBrick is sending
out 4136 byte datagrams, which are getting fragmented into Ethernet frames
and reassembled into 4136 byte datagrams on the client and passed to VLC.

Why not set DEFAULT_MTU to 64K, which is the maximum size for UDP datagrams.
Then, VLC would work in all cases.  Would this cause too much of a
performance hit?

Alternatively, I wrote a function which will determine the maximum size of
UDP datagrams on a given machine.  It's not exactly pretty, but it should be
portable.  http://www.techie.net/~talbert/max_udp_datagram_size.c

Scott