can't get videolan to work

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Jul 13 12:41:40 CEST 2002

On Friday 12 July 2002 04:04, Willw693 at cs.com wrote:
> I downloaded the vlc-0.4.2-win32.exe  self-installing package and
installed
> it.  I also downloaded the two optional plugins (qtk and sdl) and
installed

The optional pulgins available for download will only work with vlc-0.4.1.
Sorry about that, we forgot to remove them from the download page. Anyway
it shouldn't hurt, these plugins will just not work with vlc-0.4.2.

> When I run vlc.exe, I get the client user interface.  I click "disc" and
> specify DVD and my drive designation E.  I click "OK", the little box
> dissapears and then I click "Play" on the user interface and nothing
happens.

To know what's really going on we need you to provide us a log file. The
easiest way to do so is to open a dos command box, to go into the vlc
directory and run the following command:
vlc --intf=logger dvd:e
The logger interface will create a log file named vlc.log (the one you'll
have to send us). Using this command line, the normal GUI interface won't
show up so you'll need to stop vlc after a few seconds using Ctrl+C.

Regards,

--
Gildas

PS: Is VLC working when you try to play mpeg files directly from your hard
drive ?