green bar on screen

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sun Jul 14 12:27:04 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 23:18, Quanyou Zhou wrote:
> hi, all:
>
> my vlc works now, the picture quality not desirable, there always green
bar on screnn,
> and below the green bar, the picture is not clear.
> Anyone can give me some suggestion to solve this problem. Thanx.

Could you check which video output plugin you are using (you should be able
to tell from the text in the title bar of the video window).
If you are using the Xvideo output, could you check what happens with the
X11 output (from the command line, use: vlc --vout x11). It could be that
your Xfree86 driver doesn't support Xvideo very well.

And by the way, which version of Xfree86 are you using ?

Regards,

--
Gildas