Mac OS X - Multicast UDP not working?

Johnny Turpin jturpin at minervanetworks.com
Fri Jul 19 05:01:44 CEST 2002

Just downloaded 0.4.2 VLC for Mac OSX and have confirmed that I can playback
local content just fine (MPEG-2 transport streams).

Unfortunately, I am unable to tune-into any of the multicast streams we have
setup on our network. The content is MPEG-2 transport being multicast over
UDP.

After typing in the correct address and correct port# of the Open Network
dialog, I see the playhead on the remote speed to the end, but no video is
ever displayed.

The local content (which seems to work OK) is from the same source/encoders
as the streamed content.

Are there any debugging tools or commands I can use to figure out what is
going on?

Computer Info:
PowerBook G4 (titanium) 550MHz/256MB RAM
OS X.1.4

Thanks for any info...

jt