audio late

Michael S.Zick mszick at goquest.com
Fri Jul 19 17:36:54 CEST 2002

On Thursday 18 July 2002 01:51 pm, you wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2002, David Legg wrote:
> > Is there any chance of making the 'compensate desynchronisation of
> > audio' setting take a negative number?
> > Then I could tell it to delay the audio by -250ms and sound and pictures
> > would be in sync.
>
> Try "vlc --desync -250 <your_file>" in your terminal.
>

> Regards,
Sirs;

I may have a similar problem.  It is specific to a single DVD.

In my case, starting play from the beginning, the audio loses sync at chapter
boundaries.  At least on the chapter 1-2 and chapter 2-3 boundary.
And stays that way if I let the movie run.

I can "open", "pause" and "select" chapter 3 and the audio stays in sync the
entire movie.

The only thing that I notice in the message files, are some messages about
the sync being found a large NEGATIVE amount.  I could capture and attach the
message file if that would help.  BUT it seems that when VLC (4.0) gets hit
with these large negative amounts, it can not recover - I.E: as if its
tracking gets "locked up" by those large negative amounts.

Linux - Kernel 2.4.18 (various versions)
x86 (i686*2)
DVD - "Total Recall", Special Edition, Artisan Home Entertainment, Region 1
(US).

Mike