Access Module dvd unavailable

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Jul 28 12:07:51 CEST 2002

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 11:26:51AM +0200, Xavier MAILLARD wrote:
> Heiko Bätz <webmaster at heiko-baetz.de> disait récemment que :
>
> > OOps sorry, I forgot the details
> >
> > I use the newest version vlc-0.4.3 under SuSE Linux 7.3 Kernel 2.4.10  Gnome
> > I download the tarball vlc-0.4.3.tar.gz
> > I also download tarball libdvdcss-x.x.x.tar.gz (I don't have the version
> > number of this here right now)
> > I extract libdvdcss with tar xvfz libdvdcss.x.x.x.tar.gz, run ./configure
> > --prefix=/usr/libdvdcss, make and make install. That seemed to work
> > fine.
>
> You have to compile libdvdread too if it is not done.
vlc should work fine without libdvdread. In my experience it often works
better without it. What you should do is to run vlc -vvvvvvvvvvvvvv and
look at the messages right above where it say access module unavailable,
and the messages at the very top of the output. Eventually you could
send the entire output of the session to the mailing list.

Sigmund