Possible solution to vlc skipping on osx

Omar player000 at noos.fr
Mon Jul 29 12:46:45 CEST 2002

the current situation is much better than what it was a few builds go,
unfortunately the VLC still skips heavily when I use the dock or switch
apps, while QT or iTunes do not.

IIRC the priorities of the video/audio threads were boosted to RT a
while back, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore, unfortunately it
still is as of 0.4.3, while being much better but still present in
builds of 0.5.

Apparently iTunes uses threads that have assigned priorities of 63, and
using priorities upto 62 would make both apps collaborate correctly.

I'm unfortunately not a programmer so I can not implement this myself,
perhaps someone on the OSX team could do it?

Keep up the good work.

Omar