AW: vlc causes windows to crash

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Jul 31 14:07:43 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 09:37, Xavier Marchesini wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002, Stephan D?Costa wrote:
> > > Hmmm, could you try with --aout=directx then (it's an
> > > alternative audio
> > > output plugin which is a little bit buggy but...)
> >
> > When starting with this option, I can hear the audio output only for
> > about half a second. Afterwards only video gets displayed.
> > [I'm using directx 8.1]
>
> Let's say directx aout is very buggy, then :)

Well true, it's a piece of crap :)

> Gildas, do you think it's worth trying to rewrite this audio output (or
> clean it), or should we / I wait for the AOut 3 ?

I honestly don't think it's worth spending time on this until Aout3 is out.
With Aout3 we'll have to rewrite it again anyway (but it should be much
simpler).

There is still one thing Stephan can try however. The SDL plugin is included
in the vlc-win32-20020730.zip snapshot, so you could try to run "vlc
--aout=sdl".

--
Gildas