Happy vls/vlc newbie!

Simen Thoresen simentt at dolphinics.no
Sun Jun 2 15:57:23 CEST 2002

Hi team.

Needing less than a day to set things up, I'm now streaming a dvd over vls to a Win2k vlc client.

I'm impressed by the quality of the decoding, altho the picture is a bit choppy at times - is a 700MHz celeron on a Geforce MX2 card not sufficient? It might be useful to have a 'real' fullscreen mode that forces a resolution of 640x480 (or somesuch).

A few questions;

Is it possible to configure the server to serve a /directory/ of files, rather than a single file? How would you select which file you'd like to view from the client?

Is there a 'headless' client in the works? I'm basically thinking of a telnet interface to manage the client, so I could get tv-out from my dxr3 card. Without needing X configured on my tv-out machine.

I'll have lots of fun trying to figure out what I can use this for now :-)

Thanks, all.

Yours,
-Simen Thoresen
--
Simen Thoresen, Beowulf-cleaner and random artist - close and personal.

Er det ikke rart?
The gnu RART-project on http://valinor.dolphinics.no/~simentt/rart