uninstall vlc?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Jun 3 19:05:30 CEST 2002

On Monday 03 June 2002 16:45, Adam Kaczmarek wrote:
> hi,
> yes I did it... I wanted to know how rc works, and now vlc is dead... the
rc screen pops up but I can´t do enything on it.?
> I´ve tried do install vlc again, but there must be a config file
somewhere else, I don´t know where?? or something in the registry I can´t
find.
> OS = winXP

There are two ways to fix this problem.
1 - you can delete the config file in the "Application Data\VideoLAN"
folder of your profile.
2 - or you can force vlc to use the "intfwin" GUI by running vlc from a dos
command line. For this, open a dos command line, go to the videolan client
directory (usually c:\program files\vlc) then type "vlc --intf=intfwin".
Once you have the interface you can go into the preferences menu again,
remove the rc plugin from the inteface selection box and save the config
file.

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas