vlc 0.4.0 - no video image, only audo on win NT

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Jun 10 10:45:18 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 13:59, Anil Kumar Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to run vlc 0.4. Video window opens and closes immediately. But
> audio is OK! Any other dll to be installed ?
> How to fix this?

Sorry for the late answer.
VLC doesn't currently support WinNT4 because VLC requires DirectX5 and
WinNT4 only has DirectX3 support which is included in the latest Service
Packs.
However, you can try the SDL plugin which is available on the videolan.org
download page. This plugin should be able to display video but on Win32 it
has a big problem: you cannot interact with the video window (move it,
resize it ...)

I'm currently thinking about using DirectX3 instead of DirectX5 for the
directx plugin. If I don't notice any loss of performance I might make the
switch for the next release.

Regards,

--
Gildas