ATI Hardware acceleration issue

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Jun 10 11:25:41 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 04 June 2002 10:24, Roland Staring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following setup:
> - W2000
> - S3 Inc. Savage graphics card
> - DirectX 8.1
> - vlc 0.4.0
>
> I can't get hardware overlay to work. I added a subtree (concerning the
> DirectDraw Devices) of the dxcapsviewer utility.

Looks like your graphics card only support two YUV formats: YUY2 and Y211.
(for a detailed explanation on FOURCC formats:
http://www.webartz.com/fourcc/ )
MPEG videos usually use the YV12 format this is why the DirectX plugin
couldn't create an overlay.
However we have a YV12 -> YUV2 conversion plugin so I should be able to
modify the DirectX plugin to make use of it.

Thanks for your report, it's been really helpful.

--
Gildas