[Beny Spensieri Jr <benyjr at yahoo.ca>] Re: VLC Freezes on file load

Loïc Minier lool at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jun 18 06:56:39 CEST 2002

----- Forwarded message from Beny Spensieri Jr <benyjr at yahoo.ca> -----

From: Beny Spensieri Jr <benyjr at yahoo.ca>
Date: 17 Jun 2002 21:57:11 -0400
Subject: Re: VLC Freezes on file load
To: Loïc Minier <lool at via.ecp.fr>

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 01:33, Loïc Minier wrote:
>   There's a 'Message' window accessible with the GNOME interface. You
> can increase verbosity on the command line with multiples -v, ie -vvv.

Hi when loading a svcd (ie mpeg2) and enabling verbose mode, I get the
following messages when trying to load the cd:

intf: added `vcd:/dev/scd0 at 1,1' to playlist
intf: creating new input thread
input: playlist item `vcd:/dev/scd0 at 1,1'
thread info: 1026 (input) has been created (src/input/input.c:197)
input: access `vcd', demux `', name `/dev/scd0 at 1,1'

At this point the interface freezes and I can no longer interact with
VLC.

This happens regardless of whether the cd media is mounted or not, or
even if I try to run an mpeg from my hard drive.

I am using a cd-burner with the ide-scsi kernel module.

Any suggestions on how I can get vlc to work?
--

----- End forwarded message -----