(no subject)

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Thu Jun 20 16:53:47 CEST 2002

on 20-06-2002 15:07, Eloy Duran at eloy at demacwinkel.nl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question about vlc (maybe a dumbass question, but i can't seem to fid
> the solution).
>
> I would like to watch a divx movie with subtitles, is such a function already
> implemented yet? There's another player, also a port, called Mplayer
> (http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xpridal/mplayerosx/) wich has the option to play
> subtitles.... but the playback quality is by far not the quality that vlc
> has!....
>
> I really hope that you could give me a answer on this one.
>
> Gretings Eloy Duran.

You can use the 3ivx codec (or divx5 if you prefer) combined with Divx
Docter II and a little player called Cellulo (Check www.versiontracker.com)
to get that job done. Not an easy solution, but at least it works and the
quality is good.

When I finish my work on my own application I might just look into this
matter and get vlc a true subtitle system. I doesn't appear to be a really
difficult job, since dvd's already use them. No promises though.

DJ

P.S.
Alsjeblieft haal die enorme signature uit je email.
Ik zit er zelf nog niet zo heel erg mee, maar ik ken mensen op
maillinglijsten die je daar heel erg lang over gaan lastigvallen.

Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman
ICQnr: 10111559
Mail:  mailto:hartman at mac.com