can VLC decode HDTV MPEG-2 (1920x1080) ?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 28 11:40:42 CEST 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Daniel Schneider wrote:

> At 0:59 Uhr +0200 28.6.2002, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> >On Fri, Jun 28, 2002, Daniel Schneider wrote:
> >>  I wonder if VLC can decode HDTV MPEG-2 with the full resolution of
> >>  1920x1080. Has anybody tried this before?
> >
> >    Yup. We have a 1920x1088 4:2:0 MPEG-2 stream and vlc flawlessly
> >decodes the video (you'll need some CPU horsepower and probably a good
> >video card though).
>
> Sounds cool! What machine and video card were you using for flawless decoding?

from the other hdtv related stuff I've seen, it shouldn't have to be too
huge a machine, a piii 1ghz and a videocard that supports Xv or sdl like
an ati radeon ought to be adequate...

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but