Videolan-Quickstart-2.html

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Fri Jun 28 12:39:26 CEST 2002

Loïc Minier wrote:
> "Michael S. Zick" <mszick at goquest.com> - Mon, Jun 24, 2002:
>

>>Why not, under the MacOS section, mention the "If you are using
>>QT6-prerelease - forget it." problem?
>

>   It's on the download page, and the problem appears only with QT6
> _Preview_ which is beta software as far as I understood.

In general, I don't think it matters whether something is
Alpha, Beta or release - pretty much the purpose of
QuickStart and FAQ's are: will a significant number of
people trying to use this trip over this problem and
need this information?

If it's short and useful, throw it in, when it's no longer
relevant, take it out. A small note that saves a new user
10 hours of frustating failure is quite worth it.
(something I had with Windows NT & vlc, when "fuggidabowdid"
(forget about it) would have saved me, though maybe
it wasn't 10 hours....)

--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia