lib52a.so.0

Yves Duret yduret at mandrakesoft.com
Sat Jun 29 10:44:53 CEST 2002

"Aryan Ameri" <aryanameri at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I downloaded your default RPMs ( not the source one), for installing VLC. I
> use Redhat 7.3.I also downloaded the libdvdcss RPM and installed it. when I
> tried installing VLC, it told me that it also needs a shared library called
> lib52a.so.0 I ignored the dependency and installed it using --nodeps. But
> still, When I tried to run the program, it told me that it needs that shared
> library.I tried every where from www.google.com/linux to rpmfind.net but
> couldn't find the file. Nither was I able to find a package providing that
> library. How can I use VLC? How can I find that shared Library?

The rpm you used are mainly for Mandrake Cooker, so in any mirror of Cooker,
you will find this library. For example:
lftp
ftp.proxad.net:/mirrors/ftp.mandrake-linux.com/Mandrake-devel/contrib/i586> ls| grep a52
a52dec-0.7.3-5mdk.i586.rpm
liba52dec0-0.7.3-5mdk.i586.rpm
liba52dec0-devel-0.7.3-5mdk.i586.rpm
enjoy !