URL (was Re: Question about playing TS files)

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Thu Mar 7 18:25:03 CET 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002, Xavier Marchesini wrote:

> >    http://billsmachine.org:8090/testme.vob
> >
> > Is this kind of addressing reasonable to provide in vlc? It seems a
> > little more traditional to me.
>
> Sam should be able to answer you. There's an HTTP plugin to vlc, he
> wrote it. Sam ?

   Meuuh (who, need I repeat it, got his new Ti this week) wrote the
HTTP plugin, and it works with the aforementioned syntax.

   But HTTP streaming is not UDP broadcasting, for instance the server
port has no real meaning in UDP, whereas the client port is important in
UDP but not in HTTP. Hence the slightly different syntax.

--
Sam.