VLC 0.92 Crash on Windows 2000 SP2 DX8

Xavier Marchesini xav at via.ecp.fr
Thu Mar 7 23:43:58 CET 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002, Gildas Bazin wrote:
> Note that vlc is currently undergoing a lot of changes right now so it mi=
> ght=20
> not be that stable (especially the win32 port which doesn't get enough=20
> testing), but things should improve in the coming weeks.

The main problem with the win32 port is the heavy differences between
vlc's behaviour under win98, winME, win2k and winXP. AFAICS, today's CVS
version of the vlc is quite perfect on my Win2k (professionnal, DX8.1,
SP2).

As I said before, vlc-win32 has a strange bug : the network
(unicast) input does work only if using the command line "C:\Program
Files\vlc-dev12\vlc udp:". I'm gonna investigate this ASAP.

Ipkiss could also take a look at it (hmm ?).

--
xav