Multicast

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Sat Mar 16 12:05:51 CET 2002

Christophe Massiot wrote:

> Ŕ (At) 17:11 +0100 15/03/2002, Carlo Calabrň écrivait (wrote) :
> >  > Hi to everyone
> >>
> >>  I've read to the Quickstart 0.3 (taken to the vls list) that the Windows
> >>  client didn't seem to support multicast.
> >>
> >>  Is it true?
> >
> >now it does ;)
>
> He means in the latest cvs, multicast should work under Windows.
> There aren't any official Windows versions supporting multicast at
> present.

But there are now reasonably current (and
possibly unstable) Windows builds of the CVS
at:

	http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download.html
	ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/vlc/win32-builds/

so you at least don't have to build your own
to play with the new versions.

(and yes, I need to correct the Quickstart).
--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia
bill at rfa.org