Streaming Kfir video with increasing latency as time passes. Why?

markus.lindgren at se.transport.bombardier.com markus.lindgren at se.transport.bombardier.com
Tue Mar 19 14:54:00 CET 2002

I am using vls to stream MPEG2 video encoded by the Kfir board to another box
where vlc decodes the stuff. After a restart of vls the latency, from image
capture to display on the other box, is about 1 second or so (acceptable to me).
When I let the server run for about 10 minutues the latency has increased to c:a
10 s. Can anyone provide me with some hints on how I can keep the latency at
about 1 s (or shorter) when streaming?
(If I restart the server, vlc left running, the latency starts from 1 s again
and then increases as before.)

Also, when I let the Kfir board produce a TS stream (instead of PS) vls always
interprets it as a PS stream, even though I have changed the type of the video
source to Mpeg2-TS in vls.cfg. I then get "Looping in sync..." messages from
vls. Any help on this?

Thanx in advance!

/Markus