vlc error INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached?

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Thu Mar 21 14:22:26 CET 2002

Christophe Massiot wrote:

> Ŕ (At) 16:36 +0100 20/03/2002, Bill Eldridge écrivait (wrote) :
> >[root at rfa01 bill]# vlc --noaudio http://localhost:8090/test1.vob
> >VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.92-dev_2002-03-20 Ourumov - (c) 1996-2002
> >VideoLAN
> >INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached (20971637)
> >
> >What does it mean?
>
> I have been told the HTTP input seems to be malfunctioning since
> input III. I will have a look at this, as soon as I have five
> minutes...

Yes, this seems to be true - it's now crashing
ffserver when I try to connect, and I'm not
sure if the error is because ffserver has already
died, or if there's some condition in vlc here
that makes it mess up and then send something
awful to ffserver.

Of course since they're two unrelated projects,
it's hard to determine.
--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia