Installing (Compile)VLC on Mac OS X

Kent Karlsson kent at popwire.com
Mon May 6 21:26:25 CEST 2002

Have you installed the Developer Tools CD? In that case, you should have gcc
in /usr/bin/

Try type /usr/bin/gcc -v in the terminal and you should get something like
this:

[kent:~] kent% /usr/bin/gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/2.95.2/specs
Apple Computer, Inc. version gcc-937.2, based on gcc version 2.95.2 19991024
(release)

If you get Command not found, you need to install the developer cd, or
download the precompiled vlc at:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download.html

(You can find MacOS X at the end of the page)

-- kent