ATI Hardware acceleration issue

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu May 9 22:28:41 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 15:42, fates-w at attbi.com wrote:
> I am using vlc-0.3.1-win32.exe on Win200 and vls on
> RH7.2 system.  VLC works fine under Linux. Windows has a
> problem. I am using ATI All In Wonder card rage128 under
> Win200-SP2 and directx 8.1. I can get vlc to show the
> video stream by disabling some of the videocard hardware
> features like directx.  VLC will not display my streams
> when using full acceleration under the video card
> troubleshoot settings in display properties or I get a
> screen with multiple colors in the video output window
> but no video.
>
> I also have the ATI Radeon AIW card 32meg which does the
> same thing on another Win2000 machine.
>
> Is this an issue with drivers or directx problem?

Well, I guess the problem comes from our directx plugin.

Could you run the "Directx Caps Viewer" and send me the information
concerning the DirectDraw Devices ? (dxcapsviewer allows you to print this
information to a file).
The dxcapsviewer utility is included in the DirectX SDKs or alternatively
you can download it from here:
http://www.unistellar.com/downloads/DXCapsViewer.zip

This information should help me find out why vlc's directx plugin can't
create an YUV overlay.

Regards,

--
Gildas