VLC on versiontracker?

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Mon May 13 00:14:39 CEST 2002

on 12-05-2002 19:08, Tim Anderson at ande2965 at tc.umn.edu wrote:

> It seems that they're taking the latest version from CVS and building the
> Apple installer around it and releasing it. I downloaded it from their
> website, but didn't install. I opened up the package file, and it's just the
> VLC app pre-compiled and the installer places it in the Applications folder.
> Why they think this is a contribution, I don't know. They just seem to be
> trying to take credit for making the CVS builds available without the need
> to compile anything.

Jeesh, why an installer around it. This is not necessary at all.

> That said, I think it's great that you're getting exposure on
> Version-Tracker, but I think the developer info should point to videolan.org
> and not giga-services.net.

Agreed.

I think this guy shouldn't take credit for anything at all. If I were you
guys, then I'd mail him and ask him to remove this entry from
versiontracker, and then put up an official Videolan.org entry.
If he doesn't respond, then simply mail versiontracker.com with a new entry
and put your request in the comment field. The folks as versiontracker are
very helpful.

DJ

Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman