Read stored DVD

Craig Orsinger cjorsinger at earthlink.net
Tue May 14 18:53:42 CEST 2002

On 2002.05.14 00:09:35 -0700 Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
> Stéphane Borel wrote:

[snip]

>> The correct syntax is :
>>  vlc dvdread:X-Files-DVD
>>
>> If this still doesn't work, try with the full path, or send the verbose
>> output to the list (option -vvvv).
>>
>> Good luck !
>>

> vlc complains:
>
> 	module error: requested access module `dvdread' unavailable
>
> and actually, i don't have it on /usr/lib/videolan/vlc.
>
> I did install libdvdread-0.9.2, but it only installs
> /usr/local/lib/libdvdread

	If you're running a typical Linux distribution, /usr/local/lib
won't be in the /etc/ld.so.conf file. This file controls what libraries
are made known to programs that try to load them. Check the file for
the presence of /usr/local/lib, and if it's not there, add it and then
run ldconfig. You must do this as root, BTW.

--

"It's the quiet ones who change the universe.
  The loud ones only take the credit."     - Londo Mollari