Read stored DVD

Heinrich Rebehn rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Wed May 15 18:26:47 CEST 2002

Stéphane Borel wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:53:42AM -0700, Craig Orsinger wrote:
>
>>	If you're running a typical Linux distribution, /usr/local/lib
>>won't be in the /etc/ld.so.conf file. This file controls what libraries
>>are made known to programs that try to load them. Check the file for
>>the presence of /usr/local/lib, and if it's not there, add it and then
>>run ldconfig. You must do this as root, BTW.
>

> Yes, what's more to read an encrypted DVD from disk, you need
> libdvdcss2, and therefore a patched libdvdread to use it.
>
> Note also that the dvdread plugin for vlc requires to be compiled
> explicitely (--enable-dvdread) and you should have libdvdread headers to
> do so.

I compiled libdvdread-0.9.2 with --enable-dvdread but it only produces
lilbdvdread.* and installs it in /usr/local/lib whereas vlc looks for
modules in /usr/lib/videolan/vlc and i guess the name should be dvdread
and not libdvdread.

Or do i have to compile vlc with --enable-dvdread? (I installed the vlc
debian package) ???

Thanks so far

	Heinrich