Mac OS X/QT 6 : need testers !

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Thu May 16 12:58:48 CEST 2002

There is nothing unix to this. Just that it originates from a linux
videoplayer doesn't mean it is any less a mac application. ;-)

The problem you are probably experiencing is that when you click the link
you get to a page with all text. This is a bug in Internet Explorer which
doesn't detect .dmg diskimages correctly. The easiest way to download is to
use another download application. I.e. OmniWeb, Netscape, iCab.

Just download the file and doubleclick to mount it. You can now simply
launch the application by doubleclicking its icon.

DJ

on 16-05-2002 12:42, Ian Airey at Ian.Airey at kcom.com wrote:
> hi I really want to test this out on my mac but as i'm new to all this unix
> stuff i don't know what to do with the snapshot file when i link to it in my
> web browser - any help appreciated
>
> cheers
> Ian
>>
>> I think I have a fix for the QuickTime 6 problem. I have uploaded a
>> new snapshot at http://www.via.ecp.fr/~massiot/vlc-20020515.dmg.
>>
>> Could people test it and report problems ? in addition, there are a
>> more recent MPEG-4/divX codec, and many, many bug fixes.
>>
>> --
>> Christophe Massiot.
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman