Sound distortions.

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Thu May 16 13:52:20 CEST 2002

on 16-05-2002 12:01, Laurent Aimar at fenrir at via.ecp.fr wrote:

> On Wed, May 15, 2002, The DJ wrote:
>> I have a divx here that is showing some strange sound distortions with vlc
>> cvs (the macosx version posted late april). The sound is in mp3.
>> It sounds like the pitch of the sound is changing like a sinoide. Real
>> strange. It goes so fast that you can clearly understand spoken word, but
>> music is really a pain.
>> If someone wants the file, than I can put it up somewhere.
>> This is on MacOS X 10.1.4 on a G4/400. It is definitely not a performance
>> problem, though process power might influence the severity of the problem I
>> guess.
>
> Thanks, I'm very interested by such reports. If you can give me an acces
> to this file, I will try to see how to solve this problem.

Ok, I have put it up on ftp://ftp.student.utwente.nl/pub/macintosh
This is the university ftp server so this can't be up longer than 24 hours
or I'll get all hell on me ;-)
Mail me when you've got it, so I can remove it from the ftp server.

DJ

BTW. You don't need the entire file to test I believe.
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman
ICQnr: 10111559
Mail:  mailto:hartman at mac.com